There’s a lot of information out there about this. Some analysts argue that you can’t generalize this information because different users have different audiences, live in different time zones, blah blah blah. So I did some digging and explored a variety of posts on this topic to see if I could find some correlations. I checked out articles from credible sources like the Huffington Post, Buffer, and SproutSocial. However, out of all them, the information I stumbled upon from CoSchedule stood out to me the most.
Why? Because they did all the dirty work for us! CoSchedule compiled research data they collected within the past year from the 20 most popular social media studies online (including some of the studies I had checked out):
- HubSpot’s recently updated roundup
- Forbes’ research from a TruConversion case study
- Fast Company’s compiled research
- Huffington Post’s compiled research
- Neil Patel’s research and compiled data on Quick Sprout
- And more
Here’s what the research from all 20 studies revealed:
NOTE: The data from these studies prove that posting at the best times will help you get more traffic, more engagement, and more followers.
Best days to post on Instagram: Unlike other social media platforms, Instagram users are engaged throughout the week. However, on Mondays, you’re more likely to get a little more attention. You’ll get the least attention on Sundays. But here’s the bottom line: Mondays and Thursdays (any time other than 3–4 p.m) are the best days to post on Instagram.
Best days to post videos on Instagram: Videos can be posted on any day.
Best times to post on Instagram:
- 8–9 a.m.
- 2 a.m.
- 5 p.m.
- Work smarter not harder. Flooding your followers timelines all the time will not get you more likes and comments. Instead, filling up your social media calendar with the optimum times to post and pushing out quality content at those times will.
- Use Iconosquare: It’s an Instagram analytics tool that has a feature to help you understand when to post content on Instagram to reach more of your own followers.
- Post on Instagram Monday and Thursday at any time other than 3–4 p.m.