Janice (Ginny) Redish is an outstanding author and consultant that specializes in website user experiences and web writing. I highly recommend her book titled “Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works.” In the book, one of the topics she covers is about focusing on conversations and key messages.
She recommended these six guidelines. They’ll help you get better response rates and interactions with your website and social media page visitors (more comments, etc). These tips will also make your most important messages crystal clear:
1. Give people ONLY what they need
2. Cut! Cut! Cut! and cut again!
3. Think “snack size nuggets of information”
4. Always start your sentences with your key message
5. Break down walls of words and use short sentences
6. Plan to engage with your audience
These tips are now a part of my content strategy and the results have been amazing. I suggest that you use the advice as well. You’ll thank me later–I guarantee it.